May 4, 2009

Insurance? Takaful? Headache...

Lots of unexpected things can happen in life. Some people are well-prepared while others don’t and just hoping that nothing bad happens to them or their family. Honestly speaking, as a student, insurance is my least concern although I think it’s considered something importance right now considering that I’m getting old and we never knows what’s going to happen in the future.

I don’t know in other country but here, it’s become a culture not to bother about this kind of stuffs until we reach certain stage of our life or when we entered into the workforce because everything is already done by the company. Not many willing to learn by themselves. Plus, with current economy crisis right now, we tend to save our money and spend it on other things.

Like many others out there, I have no idea whatsoever about insurance and after watching Michael Moore’s Sicko, it really made me thinking whether I should buy insurance or not. Any of you here have watched the movie? I’m sure you understand what I’m talking about.

In Malaysia, we have options between insurance and takaful. I don’t want to go further into takaful at the moment because there are many things involved. If you opted for conventional health protection, you might want to check out health insurance quotes first to get the best deal. Cheap doesn’t always mean it’s the best for you. You need to consider many things but most importantly, what suits you the best in the future.

As I said earlier, there are many types of insurance out there but the major ones are health insurance, life insurance, home insurance and auto insurance. Some I’ve never heard before such as renters insurance and condo insurance which is famous in United States. With many big insurance company competing with each other, some of the even offered fast auto insurance. Anyone bother to tell me how long it’s going to take to process auto insurance? I’m curious…

No comments: